AThe ReadyNAS by Netgear is a network attached storage device which allows its users to access the documents, files, photos, videos and music from anywhere and anytime. The ReadyNAS storage system provides easy to use solution for securing, centralizing, and sharing the critical assets like files, documents, application data, images, emails and all other important folders etc. The ReadyNAS setup process is easy and simple to perform.
With the help of ReadyNAS default IP address, username and password you can easily go for ReadyNAS setup. It is important to remember the Netgear ReadyNAS default password. The ReadyNAS password is the password which you will require to get into the device. In case, you forget about default password of Netgear ReadyNAS, you won’t be able to get into the device and manage the settings.
In this blog, we will provide you with information on Netgear ReadyNAS login process and how you can change the default Netgear admin password. We will also show you how you can recover your ReadyNAS password, if you have forgotten it.
We have put together some of the basic instructions to explain you the process of Netgear ReadyNAS login.
- First of all, connect the device with the Netgear router.
- Turn on your computer and go to the Netgear ReadyNAS login page by entering its default web address. The default web address is http://routerlogin.net. Type this web address in the address bar of your opened web browser and press ‘Enter.’
- A ReadyNAS login window will appear on your screen asking for your username and password. Enter the desired details and press ‘Enter’ key. The default username is ‘admin’ and the default password ReadyNAS is ‘password.’
- A Netgear ReadyNAS admin page will appear on your computer screen. Once you have the access to this page, you can manage and modify the settings of your device easily.
Now, that you know how to access the login page of Netgear ReadyNAS, let’s proceed to the most asked query which is how to change the default password of Netgear ReadyNAS device.
How to change Netgear ReadyNAS default password?
Follow the steps which are given below to know how you can change the default password of ReadyNAS device.
- You can easily change the default admin password of ReadyNAS using the admin page on your computer or any other device. To access the Netgear ReadyNAS admin page, you need to log into the device.
- To log into your ReadyNAS device, you need to follow the instructions which are given in the above section.
- Once you are logged in to Netgear ReadyNAS, you will get the access to the admin page of ReadyNAS with multiple tabs.
- Click on the ‘Password recovery’ option.
- You need to enter the username and password.
- Enter the required credentials.
- In the next field, assign your device a new password.
- Click on the ‘Ok’ option.
Now that the password is changed, you can get into the device using this new password of your Netgear ReadyNAS. We recommend you to write down your new password in your notepad so that you can look for it when you forget your new password.
How to recover a forgotten password on Netgear ReadyNAS?
In case, you forget the password for your Netgear ReadyNAS storage system, you can recover the password with the help of two methods.
Method 1: Password recover page
- Launch a web browser on your computer and enter http://routerlogin.net in the address bar.
- A password recovery screen will appear, enter your email address.
- Now, answer the recovery question.
- Click ‘Recover’ option.
- You will receive a new password.
- Now that you have a recover password, you can change the admin password.
Method 2: Reset button
- Launch a web browser and enter http://routerlogin.net in the address bar.
- When a password recovery screen appears, click on the ‘Reset’ button to begin the process.
- A prompt will appear asking you to press the ‘Reset’ button on your ReadyNAS device.
- Long pressing the reset button will automatically change the password to default password which is ‘password’
- You can use the default credentials: username- ‘admin’ and password- ‘password.’
- You can set a new password if you wish to.
This was some of the information on Netgear ReadyNAS default password, how you can change the password and how you can recover the password. In case, you still have more queries related to Netgear readyNAS, you can get in touch with us. We have a team of technical experts who can help you with your queries.