The Netgear ReadyNAS is a speedy SOHO network-attached storage device that allows you to access your documents, music, photos, and videos from any place or anytime. The ReadyNAS is a simple way to get a personal cloud readynas duo setup.
With ReadyNAS storage system, you have an advanced and easy-to-use solution for centralizing, securing, and sharing your critical assets like application data, client files, virtual images, e-mail, all the digital files etc. The built-in ReadyNAS OS protects your stored data with automatic RAID configuration. It also makes it easy for you to move data offsite to protect against natural disasters by maintaining multiple copies of data through cloud replication.
To access your Netgear ReadyNAS Duo system, you need to do readynas duo setup. Here we will discuss readynas setup process in this article. You can do the netgear readynas setup by connecting to the wifi and accessing the readynas setup wizard.
Netgear ReadyNAS Setup:
- First of all, install all available disks that you want to use in your ReadyNAS system.
- Next, place your storage system in a proper place. You can refer your system’s manual for a complete list of placement considerations.
- For readynas setup, connect the power adapter to the back of the ReadyNAS system and plug the power cord into a wall outlet to turn ON the system.
- Now you need to use an Ethernet cable to connect an Ethernet port on the storage system to your home network.
- Wait for the Power LED to turn solid blue.
- Next screen displays the IP address which is assigned to your system, note this IP address displayed in the status area.
- Now open a web browser and enter http://readycloud.netgear.com in browser’s address bar. Make sure that your computer and ReadyNAS system uses the same LAN and Internet connection.
- Click “Start” button under “Set up a new ReadyNAS”.
- Next, click “Discover”. The Ready cloud automatically detects your ReadyNAS system on the wifi network.
- Now, next screen appears, click “Setup” to open a browser for readynas setup.
- Next, login screen displays; enter login default credentials to access the readynas setup page.
- After you login, it will redirect you to the readynas setup wizard page. Click “Next” to continue.
Use the Setup Wizard to Configure Basic Setting:
When you access the ReadyNAS dashboard for the first time, a readynas setup wizard displays to guide you through the setup process.
The readynas setup wizard provides you the online instructions to setup your ReadyNAS storage system and guides you step-by-step through the configuration process. The readynas setup wizard would be assisting you in quickly integrating your ReadyNAS storage system into your home network.
After accessing the smart setup wizard, you have to choose a language for the readynas setup wizard. Click the language and follow the wizard’s prompts to configure the following settings:
- Time and date
- Alert contact
- Host name and workgroup
- Administrator password and password recovery question and answer
- Product registration
After you configure these settings, your basic readynas setup will be completed.
We hope this article will help you out to configure your Netgear ReadyNAS storage system. If you need any assistance on topic netgear readynas setup, readynas setup wizard etc. you can contact our technical team at our toll free no. The technical team has well-trained professionals who can quickly assist you with the readynas duo setup by providing you troubleshooting tips or helping you by screen-sharing session.